Published: 3/2/2007 | 2260 views
* International shrimp farming principles welcomed by countries.
* Discussions on the establishment of a "Mahseer R&D Centre".
* Microsatellite DNA markers for mahseer are now available.
* First study on genetic variation of the critically endangered Mekong giant catfish.
* IMNV found in Asia-Pacific.
* Thailand and US to jointly install tsunami wave sensors.
* Co-management in aquaculture explored at APFIC Forum.
* Virus may control Australia's feral carp problem.
* A milestone in India's sustainable shrimp farming efforts.
* Fish introduction in India: Status, challenges and potentials.
* 8th Asian Fisheries Forum.
* STREAM Update.
* Website management training to support Thai Post-tsunami Rehabilitation website.
Published: 6/10/2006 | 2585 views
* MPEDA-NACA sustainable shrimp village demonstration programme.
* Inter-calibration of white spot syndrome virus (WSSV) PCR laboratories in India.
* Shrimp health management training.
* Rotary International/NACA meeting facility up at Koh Yao Noi.
* Tsunami-affected farmers train in marine cage aquaculture.
* Marine finfish aquaculture network at the APAN meeting in Singapore.
* Aquatic animal health policy workshops build consensus in ASEAN nations.
* Aquaculture Compendium released.
* Developments in establishing a conservation plan for the Mekong giant catfish.
* ROUNDTABLE: Exploring south-south cooperation opportunities in sustainable shrimp farming in West Africa, Conakry (Guinea).
* Technical missions to Cambodia and Lao PDR.
Published: 21/2/2006 | 3139 views
* Training workshop on molecular genetics.
* Outcomes of the 8th Technical Advisory Committee Meeting.
* Taking the ?grey? out of ?grey literature?.
* An introduction to the South Iran Aquaculture Research Center.
* Aquaclubs in India achieve good crops this year, with further challenges ahead.
* Rebuilding resilience of coastalpopulations and aquatic resources.
* Recent activities in STREAM.
* First international PCR training workshop completed.
* AusAID funds two aquatic animal health projects.
* Asia Regional Advisory Group continues to support aquatic animal disease management in the region.
* Indonesia accedes to the NACA Agreement.
* Governing Council 17 to set NACA Work Programme 2006-2010.
* Marine fish culture manuals now available in Thai.
* Aquaculture Rehabilitation Guide in Aceh, Indonesia.
* Boat building in the tsunami affected areas of NAD: Fishing vessel quality issues.
* Australasian Aquaculture 2006, 27 - 30 August, Adelaide.
East Asian Seas Congress, 12-16 December 2006, China.
* Aquafeed Production Workshop, 8 March 2006, Thailand.
Published: 30/5/2006 | 2634 views
In this issue:
* NACA Governing Council endorses new work programme, elects Sena De Silva as next Director General.
* RapiDot Kit - Farmer friendly kit for WSSV detection.
* Regional mariculture program strengthened.
* Economics and marketing analysis of the live reef fish food trade in the Asia-Pacific.
* Workshop on molecular techniques in aquaculture and seafood safety, Mangalore, India.
* Better-practice approaches for culture-based fisheries development in Asia.
* High-level Bahrain fisheries deletation visits Iran.
* First monthly meeting of fish farmers at One-stop Aqua Shop in Punjab Pakistan.
* Fish breeding training program for farmers of OAS, Kaipara.
* Provincial workshops on National Fisheries Policy and Strategy Framework held in Punjab and Sindh, Pakistan.
* Monitoring and evaluating the impacts of aquaculture on teh agency and well-being of women.
* STREAM welcomes AYAD volunteer.
* Workshop to strengthen aquatic animal health capacity and biosecurity in ASEAN.
* Asian Federation for Information Technology in Agriculture (AFITA) 2006 in Bangalore.
* Aquaculture rehabilitation project launched by Indonesian Minister of Marine Affairs and Fisheries.